People At The Arrest, Trial and Crucifixion of Christ - part 2
The Jewish Leaders:
- The leaders sought to have Jesus killed because of envy.
- They were cruel.
- Showed their hypocrisy.
- Manifested a hard heart as Jesus hung on the cross.
- Demonstrate how religion without true devotion to God is of no value.
- An adulterous man.
- Similar to some who "enjoy religion" but make no commitment to God.
- Found no guilt in Jesus, but couldn't resist mocking Him.
- Forever associated with cowardice.
- Pronounced Jesus innocent, but decided to scourge him.
- Agreed to crucify Him.
- Thought he could relieve himself of responsibility.
- They were crucified with Jesus.
- Both railed on Jesus.
- Something caused one to change.
- Bring up the question of necessity of baptism.
- Demonstrate how the hardest of hearts can sometimes be touched.
- Offer encouragement to many.
- Several women watched.
- Some returned on the third day to complete the burial process.
- Had ministered in Galilee and continued to do so.
- They would do what they could.
Joseph and Nicodemus:
- Went to work after the death of Jesus.
- Will we be filled with regret?
- Do what needs to be done and do it now.