Jesus' Teaching: Gospel or Law of Moses
JESUS WAS PREACHING THE GOSPEL WHILE ABIDING UNDER THE LAW:
- From birth until death, Jesus lived under the law of Moses.
- However, that was not His primary purpose for coming,
THE BINDING GOSPEL JESUS TAUGHT:
- Distinction made between it and the Law of Moses.
- Other commands of the Gospel…
- Believe Jesus is the Son of God.
- Confess faith in Jesus as the Christ.
- Be born again of water and Spirit to enter kingdom.
- How the church is to deal with sin.
- Teaching of marriage, divorce and remarriage in the gospel.
Jesus was not teaching the Law of Moses and the things stated about marriage, divorce and remarriage are amendable to us because we live to fulfill "the law of Christ". Gal. 6:2