Settled In ComplacencySeries: Donnie Rader Meeting - June 2021
- Other translations refer to the settling of "dregs" or "lees".
- Refers to the fermentation process of wine.
- The point: they are indifferent, spiritually stagnant, satisfied, comfortable in their present condition.
- God's people are often warned about complacency. (Prov. 1:32; Isa. 32:9-11; Amos 6:1-6; Lam. 1:12; Isa. 57:1)
- Message of the book: the day of the Lord is coming.
- Their complacency: divided loyalty, unconcerned and indifferent, says the Lord will not do good or evil, trust in economy going well, not obeyed - not received correction - not drawn near, know no shame
- Are you comfortable and satisfied?
... Even though you are still practicing sin?
... Even though you miss a lot of services?
... Even though you're lacking in spiritual interest.
... Even though you are consumed with secular interest.
- Do you believe it matters how serious you are?
- Are you inactive?
- Are you not willing to change?