The Christian and Money
We should never forget that…
- We are sojourners
- True riches are not listed on a financial statement.
- The love of money is dangerous.
- Covetousness is sin.
- True riches are forfeited by improper use of our wealth.
How are we to spend our 70 years?
- We can't quit work.
- Money is not an evil thing.
- It's okay to enjoy life.
- Prosperity is not always bad.
- All concessions to time and culture are not bad.
Three things to avoid…
- Avoid pursuit of the lesser to the neglect of the greater.
- Avoid selfishness that forgets the purpose of money/material things.
- Avoid pride and ingratitude.