Is One Faith As Good As Another?Series: Donnie Rader Meeting - June 2021
There Is One Faith...
- The Bible speaks of "one faith" not "faiths"
- "One faith" means "only one faith".
- The term "one faith" is in the context of unity.
One Can Be Religious and Be Wrong...
- Cain's offering was not accepted. (Gen. 4:3-5)
- Nadab and Abihu's sacrifice did not please God. (Lev. 10:1-2)
- Uzzah's attempt to "help" the ark angered God. (2 Sam 6:1-11)
- Believers in Christ can be wrong. (Matt. 7:21-23)
Warnings About False Teachers...
- False prophets come in sheep's clothing. (Matt. 7:15-20)
- Blind lead the blind and both fall. (Mat. 15:14)
- Many deceived by false prophets. (Matt. 24:11)
- False teachers today - as were false prophets of old. (2 Pet2:1-3)
- Many false prophets in the world. (1 Jn. 4:1)
Truth Is Contrasted To Error...
- Truth is essential: to be free, to be saved, to be purified
- Error is not of God - destroys: It is contrasted to truth.
Sincerity Is Not Enough...
- It is possible to believe and lie and suffer the consequence. (1 Kings 13)
- Those who believe a lie will perish. (2 Thess. 2:10-12)
- Paul was sincere but was wrong.
Absurdity Of One Being As Good As Another...
- It would mean God is divided. (1 Cor. 1:12-13)
- If 50 people can have different faiths, then 1 person can have 50 different faiths.
- It would mean direct opposite doctrines / practices are equal.
- It would mean we can do anything we want in religion.