Are Homosexual (Same Sex) Marriages Sinful?
A few years ago when I first heard of the possibility that two homosexuals might try to get a marriage license and get married, I thought it was mockery - and it was! Marriage, as we know it and as taught in the Scriptures and approved of God, always involved [and it always will] a man (a male human being) and a woman (a female human being). No exceptions!
In Mark 10:6-9 Jesus said: “But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain (two-NKJV) shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain (two-NKJV), but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.” Also see Mk. 10:11-12; Mt. 19:3-9; 5:31-32; Luke 16:18, etc.
1. When God created man He “made them male and female.”
2. There could have never been “a husband and wife” if God had made either two males or two females.
3. “God made them male and female” and said: “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife...” He was not to cleave unto his husband, but unto his wife!
4. The man that leaves and cleaves to his wife is always spoken of in the masculine gender. The wife is always spoken of in the feminine gender.
5. Mk. 10:11-12 says ”Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband...” It is obvious that a man (a male human being) has a wife and that a wife (a female human being) has a husband.
In Gen. 2:25 reference is made to “the man (male human being) and his wife (female human being).”
In Gen. 3:6b the woman “gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.” Again, it was a woman who had a husband who was a “he.”
The expression “his wife” indicates that there was or is a man (a male human being) and a woman (a female human being) who were or is married. “His wife” is found in the OT more than 90 times and about 30 times in the NT. It always indicates a marriage between a man and a woman.
The expression “her husband” indicates that there was or is a woman (a female human being) and a man (a male human being) that were or is married. “Her husband” is found about 40 times in the OT and about 15 times in the NT.
HOMOSEXUALITY IS SINFUL!
Sodomites (which include homosexuals) were condemned in the Old Testament in such passages as Deut. 23:17; Lev. 18:22 & 20:13. It is also condemned in the New Testament in such passages as Rom. 1:26-27, 32; 1 Tim. 1:10 & 1 Cor. 6:9-11.
Homosexuality is not inherited! It is not a sickness, but a choice! It is against nature! It is degraded! It is vile! It is wickedness! It is sin!
DEFINITIONS BY WEBSTER
Marry: “to join as husband & wife according to law or custom...to take as spouse: WED...”
Husband: “a married man.”
Wife: “...a married woman.”
1. There is a husband & a wife in every marriage. To be a husband a person must be a man (male) and to be a wife a person must be a woman (female). Therefore it necessarily follows that two men cannot marry nor can two women marry.
2. Since a man & a woman are essential to a marriage, it necessarily follows that a man could not marry another man. Neither could a woman marry another woman. A man or woman cannot marry a dog or a cat or a bird or a bug!
3. One of the purposes of marriage is procreation (see Gen. 1:28). This cannot occur within a homosexual marriage!
No, homosexual “marriages” are not Scriptural at all, but sinful! (CRS)