God and His Character
The Bible never attempts to prove the existence of God. The existence of God is obvious, therefore it is taken for granted that all believe it to be so. When we study the character of God, we see some distinguishing characteristics. Three of these are:
1.) He is good.
- He gave His son.
- He makes no distinction with material things.
- He gave a plan for mankind's salvation.
2.) He is severe.
- Paul spoke of His severity.
- Stronger words came from Christ.
- Examples of severity: Adam and Eve, the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, Nadab and Abihu, Korah.
3.) He is exact.
- We are to do exactly as He commands.
- We have been warned.
- Christ warned.
- Examples of some today who think He is not exact: sprinkling for baptism, mechanical instruments in worship, praying through for salvation, salvation without works, all churches will be saved.