Paul's Prayer For The Church In Colossae
Paul prayed that they might be "filled with the knowledge" of God's will.
- Filled: not a small measure but to be saturated.
- Knowledge: Vine's - …a greater participation by the knower in the object known, thus more powerfully influencing him.
- Wisdom: The ability to correctly apply the knowledge of God's will to life situations. Practical knowledge.
- Spiritual understanding: A grasp of the underlying principles providing the ability to discern and properly apply the knowledge and experience in proper areas…
Paul prayed that they might walk worthy of the Lord.
- Pleasing God.
- Producing for God.
- Progressing in knowledge of God and His will.
Paul prayed that they would be strengthened that they may endure.
- Knowledge provides mighty strength.
- The Christian has access to this glorious power through the knowledge of God.
- Equipped to endure with joy.
Paul prayed that they give thanks to the Father for having been qualified "to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints".
- The attitude of gratitude.
- One is "qualified" by being redeemed by the blood of Christ and keeping His commands.
- God has "delivered us from the power of darkness".
- "Conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love."
- "In whom we have redemption through His blood."
- "The forgiveness of sins".